The Apron


I love to wear an apron. I think it is one of the most beautiful items of clothing that a woman of God can wear. I love to buy old aprons from the thrift shop and swap meet that some woman of yesteryear wore to serve her family. I especially love the old ones that are soft with wear and have pretty flowered designs which tie at the waist.
As I cook I use my apron constantly. I use it to grab hot items, wipe up spills, swipe a chocolaty little mouth, or dry my wet hands from the soapy dish water. I wear it almost my entire homemaking day. By the end of the day my apron is ready for the hamper, but it has served me well. I keep fresh laundered aprons hanging in a neat little row on hooks by my refrigerator for quick grabbing.
And when my kids see me, I hope they see the love that that apron on me conveys. I hope they see the comfort and the promise of good food in that one item of clothing. I hope some day my daughter will want my aprons for service to her own family like I wanted my grandmother's aprons. (They just smelled of love to me.) Because a woman of God can wear no other more functional or more beautiful item of clothing in her home than a soft, flowered apron tied at the waist.
Much love, Laine 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker