Ants and a homemaker

Dear Sisters,
I have lots and lots of ants right now. I mean more ants than I ever experienced in all my homemaking years. I've had ants in my coffee cup. Ants in my hair. Ants going up my legs. Ants in my dishwater. Ants in my bread dough. Ants in my honey. Ants in my bath water. Even ants on my fingers while typing to you all. One day I literally swept them up in great groups off the kitchen floor. The battle is on! The ants are aggressive. But so is the homemaker. The ants are in every room. But so is the homemaker. The ants will not be deterred. But neither will the homemaker. Let's talk ants.
"There are four things which are little on the earth, but they are exceedingly wise: the ants are not strong, yet they prepare their food in the summer." Proverbs 30:24-25
Notice those Words, "exceedingly wise." We are wise if we pay attention to those who are exceeding wise. And surprisingly enough, the Bible calls the ants just that. I've had plenty of opportunities this week to observe lots of ants, and in the process I have learned so much from them about my perseverance in homemaking.
"Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, which having no captain, overseer, or ruler, provides her supplies in the summer and gathers her food in the harvest." Proverbs 6:6-8
Okay, I'm willing to closely observe them, and I've had plenty of opportunity to do so lately. Here's what I've learned from "my ants" this week:
1~ They work very quietly, but very efficiently.
2~ They are extremely diligent.
3~ They excitedly pick honey over sugar any day. ~Smile~
4~ They are not easily distracted - very focused in their work.
5~ They work very well as a team.
6~ They help each other, stopping to quickly give each other messages about their work, which almost looks like some sort of quick refreshing exchange.
7~ One ant is not above another ant. They all look the same and they are all working for the good of the group.
8~ They work the hardest during harvest season and in the summer.
9~ They are very orderly and organized. Once they find a "harvest," they move it out in a nice long line.
10~ They are very determined. If their passage way to the harvest is blocked, they will find another way to get to it no matter how long it takes or how far they have to go.
11~ They are fearless and will climb up or down great heights to reach their goal.
12~ They don't care where they have to go or what it takes to get there, or even how hot the weather is, they are determined to reach the harvest and bring it into their storehouse.
13~ They have incredibly organized and clean storehouses ready for the winter months.
14~ While some are working in the harvest, others are out looking for the next harvest.
15~ The ants will work night and day to bring in a harvest. They are extremely hard workers.
16~ An ant will enter the humblest home or a king's mansion - it makes no difference to them - they are focused on the goal of the harvest, not where they are. And the harvest brings strength to all of them.
17~ They don't kill easily if they are in a large group.
18~ They have no "ant supervisor," yet they surely act as if they do.
19~ One ant will find the "good harvest" and quickly alert the other ants until everyone is busy at work.
20~ Many ants might die to get the rest of the troop to the harvest, if need be.
21~ Ants carry or work a little at a time; but they don't let their weakness deter them. They just keep diligently working little by little until the task is completed.
22~ Ants will often carry double their weight or more, if need be.
23~ Ants drive women crazy, but there is so much one can learn from them. ~Smile~
24~ Ants glorify God.
Well, you've probably heard enough about ants to last you a lifetime! But I have surely learned so much about them. Not only in my homemaking, but also in service to my King for His Harvest. What have I learned? Well, here goes:
1~ The LORD says a gentle and quiet spirit is precious in His sight. It is good for the woman of God to work with such a spirit.
2~ I need to be extremely diligent in my work, no matter how difficult the task seems. Sometimes that requires doing a little a time, but not giving up until the task at hand is completed. I find great strength to persevere in the Word of God and in prayer to my Heavenly Father.
3~ I have found honey to be more beneficial over sugar, too. ~Smile~
4~ In order to be focused in my work, I have found that I need to shut my phone down for awhile in the morning. It is amazing how much one can accomplish with no outside distractions.
5~ I have learned to get my "team" going with me in the morning. My children awake to their chore lists and complete 16 chores for me each morning. Every morning their chore list is different so that I get many things done and they get to learn how to do many things.
6~ I love to take time out of my day to encourage a woman in her job. It is so good to help her to realize an easier way of doing something that I've learned along the way.
7~ Every woman or child God brings my way to help is another way that I can further His Kingdom and build up the Body of Christ for His glory. It is a "washing of feet," so to speak, which brings refreshment.
8~ When there is a "harvest," I need to get focused and get busy. I love to tell friends about a good "harvest" as well. Many times in the summer I will find ways to can something or freeze something that is of special value to my family.
9~ I am learning that being orderly and organized saves me time and a lot of frustration.
10~ There are times when I don't quite understand how to do something (such as get a point across to my homeschooling child), so I need to persevere and come about it another way. This is not always easy for me. Sometimes the way is much more different with each child, but God shows me the way.
11~ No fear...only faith. This is one of our family's mottos that keeps us going.
12~ I go to many unusual places to save money on food. Some of my friends wouldn't go to some of the stores I go to, but if I can get quality products at a fraction of the cost, I will make the trek. Some of my treks are once a month and some every few months.
13~ I am working on my pantry to make it clean and organized. I like to keep many things stocked up, especially when they are on sale. It is a wise woman who keeps a well organized "storehouse" for those "winter months" when the work is slow or at a standstill.
14~ I am so very grateful to friends who have called and told me of some fantastic deals and where to find them. I try to do the same for them when I have the opportunity.
15~ There are many times when I have had to work all night. Some of those times have been when my children were nursing or sick or needed to talk. But it was so worth it. I love my children and I love the way God is loving them and training them. It takes lots of time and many sleepless nights to love and train up a child, but I can see His fruit beginning now in their lives, and I am so very grateful I am persevering through His strength.
16~ No matter where I have lived, since I was married, I have strived to make that place our home. When we lived in an apartment, I did my best to make it look so beautiful. I did quite a few things to make it look unlike an apartment and very cozy. I put cafe lace curtains in the windows to soften the apartment windows. I put a lace curtain up to separate the small alley kitchen from our dining area to give us a "dining room." I put up a fake grass mat outside the patio of our bedroom with plants to make it look more like a garden. I put down small throw carpets to cover the old apartment carpeting.
17~ I need the encouragement of other women of God. I need to encourage other women of God. We are so much stronger when we do both, yes!
18~ I don't have a supervisor over me during the day, so I am really the boss of my own time, so to speak. I can waste my day or I can make my day profitable. I used to waste more days than I wish to think about, so I am very grateful to the LORD for helping me to see the profit of a day well spent doing the work He has ordained me to do. It brings good to my husband and glory to my LORD.
19~ When I found out about peaches at 20 cents a pound last year (from another dear friend), I alerted my kids and off we went peach picking. Then we spent a whole day canning. My children sure enjoyed those cans of peaches in the winter months. So did I. It was worth all that hot work to put jar after jar on our pantry shelves for the winter months.
20~ I would die to see my children know Christ and walk wholeheartedly with Him.
21~ There are so many jobs which take more than an hour or even a day. I have learned to do a little each day on a task until the job is completed. This past week I saw a room that had been disorganized for months finally put in order. It took over a week to complete the task doing a little each day. It sure feels good to look in there now. I'm so glad I did a little each day rather than continuing to put it off.
22~ Sometimes my husband's work load is extremely heavy. I take on some of his tasks during that time and make sure that my sons attend to some of the things around the house that he would normally have time to attend to. It sure helps his spirit when he comes home.
23~ Many times I will have something unexpected come up which could drive me crazy, like lots and lots of ants. ~Smile~ But I have seen that God will use it for good in my home. For in order to get to the place the ants are coming out, I have to tear apart a cupboard or an area. This forces me to clean this area and organize it more efficiently for the good of our home.
24~ My heart's desire is to glorify God in all that I think, say, and do. I keep striving with perseverance to that glorious aim.
My husband is now going around the perimeter of our house with some kind of granules to kill the ants. Hopefully we will all settle down and stop itching. I keep thinking I have an ant on me when there is not one there.
Ants. Ants. Ants. I never thought I would see so many in my house at one time. I never realized how much I could learn from them. But God my Father knew, so he sent some "exceedingly wise" ones my way. ~Big Smile~ What was that sharp sound you just heard? The aggressive homemaker, who will not be deterred, slapping yet another harvest gatherer off her arm. There's no doubt, summer's coming and I've got so much to do!
Love,
Laine
P.S. I am just about ready to send this letter off when we realized that the ants are breaking through my husband's granules. We woke up to an incredibly long line of them running from one point of our bathroom, up and around the shower, coming down past the toilet and into the sink. Truly I have never seen perseverance more fully demonstrated. May I wisely do the same today...after I've wiped out this bunch

Comments

  1. are everyone looking for ways online to get help solving their pregnancy and infertility problems when most of every native American is talking online about the help of Dr Mandaker Alamun. I checked him out when my husband who could not get me pregnant for over 9 years of marriage as a result of low sperm count became fertile and now, I am 5 months pregnant and it is this man known as Dr Mandaker who helped my husband solve his problem. My name is Alecia from ca USA. I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in love marriage,finance, job promotion,lottery spell,poker spell,golf spell,Law & Court case Spells,money spell,weigh loss spell,diabetic spell,hypertensive spell,high cholesterol spell,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells,it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaker the link to his website copy this link (witch-doctor.page4.me)His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy. I and my husband have gone to different hospitals having the thinking that I was at fault for not getting pregnant. But at the Federal hospital, they examined him too and his sperm count was low and unable to get a woman pregnant as a result of male infertility. It was then I sort out,thanks to Dr Mandaker.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized