Getting your home organized

Dear Ladies,
"How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, and You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures. For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light." Psalm 36:7-9
As the LORD has been teaching me in my heart, so He has been teaching me in my home. As the darkness from my heart lifted bit by bit through the light of His Word penetrating in, so my home began to see changes. It took some time for my heart to begin to change, yet He was so patient and continued to teach me and show me His Truth and His Light. Likewise it has taken time for my home to change.
I have often thought about why I let my house get so packed with possessions. And I have learned that it was from fear. Fear use to rule me. When my parents were divorcing there was a time when we had to move out from our house. I was allowed only one small box to put all my possessions in. I never saw that box for many months. For a time we were homeless and slept in our volkswagen van or on an office floor. (My parents had gotten back together at this point.) So when I finally got my box back (at the age of twelve) I kept everything in it. To this day.
But from that point on I was like a woman who had been through the depression. My mother said I liked to keep all our shoes under my bed. I saved everything thinking I might need it later. That is a lot of years of saving things! The LORD has helped me to realize He will take care of me no matter what. He has helped me to bring balance to my life and to my homemaking. And just as He is helping me on the inside, so He is helping me on the outside.
What I have learned in my "spring cleaning" is to just do one corner or area at a time. Even if I can only do a fifteen minute job. Then I will go back to that corner or area to get inspiration to go to the next corner. Since I have spent years packing my house, I cannot get it done overnight. So I work at it bit by bit. I have not given myself a time frame. Rather I just try to do a little something every day. So truly I have been spring cleaning for over a year now!
I thank the LORD that He patiently works with me, His Child. And so I try to patiently work with those around me and in my home. I fail many times. But He picks me up, brushes me off, and sets me about my duties again with tears dried and a new song in my heart. He is my Heavenly Father Who notices my every effort and why I behave the way I do. He teaches me the Truth in the early morning which helps me to "see the Light" and to "walk in the Light." the rest of the day. He helps me to accept others more readily for they might be "packing something in" due to fear as I had. And it might be a long haul for them getting it all straightened out. I understand. I have been there.
"He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works." Psalm 33:15
He is fashioning our hearts. We are His precious, unique daughters. No one knows us like He does. We don't even know ourselves sometimes and why we do the things we do. But He does. And He loves us through it all. He also considers all our work. What a blessing to love and to serve our beautiful Father together by the grace of our LORD Jesus Christ in our own unique homes in our own unique ways. All in His Strength. All for His Glory. All wrapped up in His Patience.
Much love,
Laine

Comments

  1. Thank you for reposting all these! I read them many years ago as a new wife and mother and they were a tremendous blessing. Laine is also posting some updates on The Bluebirds are Nesting webpage.😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Ants and a homemaker