Aunt Claudine


Hi Girls!
I haven't been able to write in the devotions for the rest of this week as I have my brother in law and his family coming this weekend. I only see them about twice a year, so I am very excited to prepare for their arrival. I also have three girls coming for tea today. One of the girls I have never met, but she has been receiving the devotions I've been writing through another girl. So it will be fun to meet her and to enjoy everyone's company.
I thought I would quickly write and tell you what I have learned from my french Aunt Claudine who is very organized and such a wonderful cook mingled with beautiful hospitality. She has taught me to write out my menu when I have weekend guests or a large meal to prepare. So I have done that already for the entire weekend. Then she has taught me to break up that menu over the next few days so that I am not doing everything at once. For example, I have already prepared my soup and some lemon butter for the weekend. Today I will get my cookies in the freezer. Tomorrow I will make my salsas and have all my dishes clean and ready. Saturday I will do the bulk of my baking early in the morning before they arrive. And Sunday I have a minimal amount of cooking to do in the morning before the main meal. I have written down each thing I need to do for Saturday and Sunday, so it just gives me peace looking at it and knowing what is expected of me.
When my guests arrive on Saturday I should have my house all clean (that is just about finished as I've been working on it all week), the table set, most of the food prepared for the weekend, and my daughter's birthday presents all wrapped. (Her birthday falls on Easter this year.) My sister in law wants to go to the antique stores all afternoon with me, so I will be able to enjoy this with her knowing that my home, table, and food are ready for me to serve them when I return. This is how my Aunt Claudine does it. Is it no wonder that I love to stay with her about every three years when the opportunity arrives for me to fly and visit her. She makes me feel so much at home with delicious food while having lots of time to talk with me. When I start to prepare for a weekend with guests I think of her and move in accordance with what she has taught me over the years. For every time I stay with her I am watching and watching, then asking question after question, and then writing recipe after recipe. It is definitely the older Titus 2 Woman teaching the younger woman who is hungry to learn!
Blessings to you all this glorious Resurrection Day!
Love,
Laine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker