"A bridge from my husband to my children"


Dear Ronda,
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9
I want to be completely transparent with you that you might understand some of the things I deal with, and that it might help you in your Christian homemaking. After I finished that last letter to you, my husband just came in visibly upset. We have a pond outside and he just got some koi free from his friend. Well, my daughter turned the water on in the pond last night and 
overflowed it, which killed all the algae, thereby killing all the fish. We lost about 60 fish that we've had for over four years, not to mention the new koi. What an upheaval in the house. My daughter was crying, Brady was crying (as he is nuts about this pond and these fish), and my husband is mad as a hornet.
Oh, Ronda, these are those trying moments in family life that cause me to cry out to God. I am so thankful that I get up early and spend leisurely intimate time with Him in prayer as I am able to handle these kinds of uprisings so much better than I use to. I quickly started to talk to my husband as I recognized he was mostly upset at what his friend would think since he just got the fish and they were already dead. I asked him to go and talk to Abbie as she was crying so hard. Then I went to comfort my son, Brady, as he was crying in his room.
My husband pulled himself together. (He has changed so much since I have been changing; I cannot tell you the change in his ability to control his quick temper as he reads the Word now with me frequently in the morning; and he did so this morning.) Then my husband called us in the kitchen to pray together and healing was able to start to take place. He asked God to help him with his anger and respond as Jesus would to situations that crop up, as this one did.
I told him I knew how he felt as my aunt had given me a canary recently and it almost died the second day. Oh, I just felt so terrible thinking about her reaction to this bird she loved so dearly and had to give up due to a move out of state. But I told him our daughter didn't do this on purpose, she is so sensitive to animals and just loves them. She is only seven, and we have to keep that in mind. And that it is much more important how she feels through this accident than what his friend thinks of us. (We prayed his friend would accept the news.) Then my very frugal dad came over and gave Abbie $20 to buy some more fish and told her he'd help make the pond better than ever.
So now Abbie and I are on our way to our outing. I can see she needs this more than ever as she just came up and kissed me while I am typing. God is so good, Ronda. His touch is so healing. I saw it here this morning.
We have such a big job as homemakers. So often I see myself as a bridge from my husband to my children. I am with them so much and know them well. I can help him understand them and have eyes to truly see them as no other person could on earth. It is such a tremendous job causing me to cling to my LORD for His infinite wisdom to do my best. I am never sorry that I sacrificed a couple of hours of sleep to sit in His Presence and lean against Him. I am never sorry. Especially when these kinds of situations crop up ( and they always crop up), and He gives me eyes to see and ears to hear and a heart to respond through Jesus Christ my LORD.
Much love,
Laine 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker