Monthly Swinging Emotions


Dear Sisters,
Oh, I deleted the wrong digest before I got the name of the Sister who wrote about her struggle with premenopause. I thought this might be a good subject to touch on in conjunction with taking care of yourself. For I can understand your distress as I, too, am struggling with this very thing. What I have learned is to recognize my body's signals. I can take almost anything ( occasional night sweats, occasional heart palpitations, eye dryness, cramping, clotting, fatigue, heavy menstrual cycle, irregular cycles, etc.), but it is so hard to take the swinging emotions! So very distressing as I feel that I can't do a decent job on anything. I am quite overwhelmed by it all and can cry at the drop of an ill murmur or word for at least 3-7 days out of the month. Truly I have to pull away often from everyone and pray, pray, pray.
However, I am using those monthly swinging emotions to train myself by His Spirit "to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger." For when I feel my emotions becoming "taut", I know that this is temporary and time to "be still." I know that I need to get alone with the LORD and talk to Him for a bit. He understands what I am going through and will guide me moment by moment. I know that I need to be very careful what I say for I am taking everything to heart at this time and might say something later that I regret. So I ask the LORD to "guard my tongue in Christ Jesus" and " to capture my thoughts and make them give up and obey Him."
I have also learned to use my time more wisely from these difficulties. For I know that I will be having trouble later on in the month, so when I feel good I try to get as much done as possible. Last week was a rough week for me in this area, but today I feel really good. My problem with premenopause motivates me to work harder when I do feel good. So I find that I get a lot more done than I use to when my body was more on an even keel. In other words,"it was good that I was afflicted." I can see the good that the LORD has brought out of it in my life. I have also trained my children better from these difficulties as I need to rely on them to run the house for me if I am really wiped out for a couple of days, which happens occasionally. So I see good there as well.
Having this problem has also helped me to learn to eat healthier (which I will discuss more in a later letter). It has helped me to understand women in their "weakness" a little better. Weakness 
that causes clinging to the LORD; clinging to the LORD that causes His strength through weakness. Truly something else to behold! Truly something that causes me to be very, very thankful to Him.
Love to you all,
Laine 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker