The Low Cut Velvet Dress



Dear Sisters,
"So The King will greatly desire your beauty; Because He is your LORD, worship Him." Psalm 45:11
The LORD is so beautiful. So beautiful! I was in the beginning of Revelation this morning just marveling at His Beauty as I read of His Throne Room and all His Majesty. Before I knew it I was in Psalm 45, the beginning of Ezekiel 16, the book of Ruth, and winding up in Proverbs 31 as I realized all over again what it means to be part of The Bride of Christ. There is nothing, nothing like knowing Him and belonging to Him. One with Christ as His Bride...awesome, awesome love! 
Over and over again as I read the above passages I kept reflecting on my own marriage and how it symbolizes to a fallen world what is soon coming for His Bride, His Chosen One. We are His forever and ever! Bought by the Blood of the Lamb. Our marriage should reflect a picture of Christ and His Church, a symbol of hope and love and intimacy wrapped up in self-sacrifice for the glory of the other... to the ultimate glory of our King.
The LORD has changed me so much. I realized again yesterday just how much He has made me new. My twenty year high school reunion is one month away. I pulled out my old reunion dress worn ten years ago from the very back of my closet and put it on for my husband. It is a low cut black velvet dress with sequins around the bodice having only one puffy shoulder of black chiffon. A long slit goes up the back of the dress. I wore this dress with black velvet high heels, curled hair, very large black hoop earrings, and aptly applied make-up. I shudder to think what I was trying to "say" at my ten year high school reunion. And when I put that dress on again yesterday I felt a naked repulsion soon afterwards and threw it down at my feet. Never will I put it on again. It is an ugly reflection of the prodigal me that I willingly let go of while blessedly running into the envelopment of His Outstretched Arms so many years ago.
I wasn't planning on going to my twenty year reunion. I felt it was a lot of money and it just wasn't me anymore. I prayed that if the LORD wanted me to go, then He would get me there. I left it in His Hands and forgot about it. Sunday I got news that someone had paid my way! I thanked the LORD. I am His Servant and He wants me to go. So my husband and I will be attending together.
However, this time I will be attending as His Chosen Bride. I know who I am in Christ! Bless His Holy, Holy Name. My prayer is that He might shine and that His Will be done. My attire this time is a long dark green dress with an ivory lace bodice. The only black velvet I will be wearing will be a light shawl for the evening. I am not focused this time on my appearance, rather on my heart. I pray that I will talk to those He intends for me to talk to. That my speech might be pleasing to Him. That I might be beautiful in His Eyes and lead others to His Beautiful Name. His Bride. It means so much to me. I keep a white wedding veil draped over my mirror in my bedroom. It is to remind me who I am getting prepared for in my day. Oh, how He loves you and me. Oh, how He loves you and me! His love has absolutely infused my life, my marriage, my motherhood, and my homemaking. He has anointed me with "the oil of gladness." I will never be the same. The low cut sequined black velvet dress is dead. He has dressed me royally in His Son. "Then I washed you in water; yes, I thoroughly washed off your blood, and I anointed you with oil." Ezekiel 16:9
Yes, He has washed me. Yes, He has thoroughly cleansed me in His Blood. I am whiter than snow. He has anointed me with the oil of gladness and dressed me in the whitest lace. The Bride is ready and waiting for Her King. The Reunion of reunions! It doesn't matter anymore what others think of me, or my job as a homemaker, as it did so painfully ten years ago. For I know my value in His Eyes, and I love Him so. I only have eyes for Him. His Beautiful Word has changed everything for me.
I am His Bride. His Bride!
Love, Laine 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker