"I have some major messes that consistently crop up"


Dear Sisters,
I have some major messes that consistently crop up. Sometimes it is an area of my flower garden, sometimes it is the baking corner in my kitchen, and sometimes it is on a bigger scale and is an entire room that has been neglected. Here is what I have taught my kids in battling the messies.
First, I'll go in their room, for example, and tell them that I only want them to clean one square section of their room. I will walk the perimeter of the square to show them. I'll tell them not to worry about the rest of the room, but to just concentrate on their one square and then to come and get me when it's done.
They'll come and get me, then I will rave over their work. Sometimes I will send them out to play (depending on the age) and have them come back later to do another "square" of their room. If they are older, I will get them started on their next square immediately and return upon its completion. And so on and so on. 
I do the same thing in my own messies battle. I will go into an area and only work on one shelf or one section of a room, then once that is done I will quickly leave the room before I get overwhelmed looking at the rest of the work. Then I'll clean something easy in my house and come back to another section, and so on and so on.
Sometimes it might take me days to get a cleaning project accomplished. But each day that I see just a little more done than the first day urges me to continue at my task. I am not very good with cleaning schedules and charts and graphs. I tend to be spontaneous in my cleaning. Just as I am in my cooking, gardening, oh, just about everything! Each day is so different, so I just love to "work differently" in each day.
Love, Laine 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker