We Don’t Need More Self Esteem

Dear Sisters,
"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the Word of God." Titus 2:3-5
His Strength. I cannot describe to you, Dear Sisters, His Strength. There is nothing like abandoning yourself to your Savior and LORD, Jesus Christ. Over and over again I am in awe of the work He is able to do through this weak vessel named Laine. I use to think that if I abandoned myself to Him, then I would be doing things in places that I'd detest. But, instead, He called me to sit at His Feet for many years just getting to know Him. And the more I got to know Him, the more I knew that I could trust Him with everything and everyone. Starting with myself.
I learned that He is and was and will be My Strength. The more I know of Him , the more I want to know Him more. My name, Laine, means "wool" in french. I ask the LORD that I might be one of His Woolen Sheep full on His Word with My Shepherd's Hand constantly on me, leading me gently to guide my little ones. Every morning I wake up and thirst for His Word. Thirst to hear His Voice. Thirst to know Him and to love Him more. Thirst to have His Love pour through me. Because I have asked Him to keep me thirsting. Because I have asked Him to help me love Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. The more He does this, the more I love those He has given me to love and know His Strength to do so. The more I abandon, the more I gain of Him. My moments are His and His love fills each and every one of them.
We talk a lot about self-esteem in this country. Oh, we do not need more self-esteem. No, we need more God-esteem! How I pray that I might esteem Him as highly as I am able. For I have never, no, never in my entire life known peace like I do now since I have abandoned myself and all my moments to Him. I have an ongoing canker sore problem, a collapsed disc in my back, early menopause problems, a yeast infection that has been going on for three years now, and my left eye has been bothering me for months. There are also so many strong willed personalities in my life, but I only feel His Great, Great Peace. Peace that passes all understanding. Peace that knows if He says "I can do all things through Him Who strengthens me", then He can.
For He is teaching me to make His Word my own. He is teaching me. He is teaching me. He is teaching me! And I cannot help but thank Him constantly all day. I thank Him, I praise Him, I lift up my hands and knock my baskets down! For just as He sought out the Gentile widow (who fed Elijah for part of the three year famine) in the heart of a Baal worship location, He has sought out me.
And He is seeking you. For He loves His Chosen Women so much. He wants them to be in a deep, deep relationship with Him. He has torn the veil in two! Now we may enter into the Holy of Holies every day in sweet, sweet communion with our Father because we are covered by the blood of The Lamb. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. No condemnation. We walk in grace. I am in awe of His love. Truly I cannot put it into words. But His Word puts it beautifully. We are rich, rich women of God to be able to open it up daily and ask Him to teach us.
Five years ago I would have never believed it possible for me to walk intimately with God. My eyes and ears were filled with the world's words from t.v., movies, soap operas, rough romance novels, and the newspaper. Now my eyes and ears are being filled with the Word of God and beautiful praise music as I practice and practice and practice getting alone with Him on a daily basis. I am never sorry, no never sorry, that I built my day on a quiet time alone with Him. For "I love you, LORD. You are indeed my Strength."
Love,
Laine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker