Where to fall when life happens

Dear Sisters,
This past week our van broke down twice, my computer crashed, my oven broke, and every one of our goats became ill. Under previous circumstances, I would have been a wreck. What were those previous circumstances? It was when I use to walk in my own strength.
Instead what I felt this past week was peace, perfect peace. You see, I have given myself up to Him. I am no longer my own. I am His Bondservant and ask Him to walk through me by His Spirit. My eyes are His slaves looking for the motion of His Hand to do His will. So if all these things break down, I look to my LORD for His direction. I don't own any of this. Not even my own body. I have learned to "gird my loins with strength" each and every morning. Each day, Jesus said, "will have enough trouble of its own." So I want to be ready for the trouble of the day. How do I do that? I sit with my King each morning before I serve Him.
"Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with Truth." Ephesians 6:14
"Righteousness will be the belt about His loins" Isaiah 11:5
Jesus is spoken of in the above verse. Jesus is our Righteousness. When I spend time at His Feet, I am better prepared each day for what He will have me walk through. I find that each day gets sweeter and sweeter with Him, and I get more and more peaceful.
"For Thou hast girded me with strength for the battle." 2 Samuel 22:40
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12
It is an awesome thing to be girded by the LORD with strength. And the wise woman does this daily:
"She girds her loins with strength..." Proverbs 31:17
"For bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come." 1 Timothy 4:8
And again, "Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with Truth." Ephesians 6:14
Things are not going to get better in this world, they're going to get a whole lot worse. The Bible predicts this in the end times. Our battle is not against flesh and blood. We have to go to He "that is greater within us than he than is in the world." Only then will he that is in the world have no hold on us. For the power of the Risen LORD has already won the battle. We must be fully armed in Him.
So this morning I knelt before the King of Kings and LORD of Lords and poured out my heart to Him. I leaned back against Him and listened to Him speak from His Word. He told me through His blessed Word where He wanted me to faithfully work today. Right here in the innermost parts of my house.
"Your wife will be like a fruitful vine in the innermost parts of your house." Psalms 128:3
He has given me full confidence of the value of my job through the blessed chapter of Proverbs 31. I understand my priorities better now through Titus 2 and 1 Timothy 5. I don't need the world's acclaim. I'll gladly wash His Feet here. For He has opened my eyes through His Word; He has girded my loins with His strength; and He has set my feet on solid ground.
Today I am not just cleaning a home and cooking a meal. Today I am not just washing dishes and washing clothes. That is the byproduct of my true work. Today I am raising warriors of Christ and wives of warriors of Christ. Today I am bringing glory to my husband as described in 1 Corinthians 11 resulting in ultimate glory to my LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ. How? Because in the innermost part of a home lies the true, intimate example of full devotion and subjection of the church to Jesus Christ her LORD. It lies in the example of a godly wife in love with her husband and children while building up her home for His glory. The beautiful, earthly picture, if you will, of the church in all her glory. For she is truly most beautiful when she is laying down her life that others might live, and that Her beloved Bridegroom might be honored above all.
Perfect peace. Only with The King. The girding up of our loins with strength. Only with The King. The blessed, blessed Word of God. The King's Heart poured out for His Beloved Bride. The power of a child of faith praying to her Holy Father to watch and see what He will do on this earth, this very day. The King's Right Hand. I am so glad I didn't miss out on it this morning. Not for the world.
Love,
Laine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker