People Problems

Dear Sisters,
"But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them." Acts 16:25
"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18
I am experiencing some people problems. Oh, how those can way us down and make us unfit for any good service. To combat this I have learned to start thanking the LORD for every good thing I can think of rather than dwell on the person or the situation giving me pain. Here are some of the things I am thankful for today:
I am thankful that I can see clearly to read His Beautiful Word.
I am thankful that I can talk to Him, my most Beautiful LORD.
I am thankful for the verse that says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
I am thankful for all the rain that is watering my seeds and newly planted flowers.
I am thankful for the ability to bend down and clean, for there was a time when all I could do was lie still in pain.
I am thankful for His peace that passes all understanding, even in the midst of conflict.
I am thankful for The Word that I read today which reminded me of what a gentle and quiet spirit is and how precious it is in His Sight.
I am thankful for my beautiful hard-working husband and all that he does for us by humble example.
I am thankful for the beautiful people He brings into my life that help me to grow through prayer and encouragement rather than sharp words and criticism.
I am thankful for my children who can turn a dreary rainy day into a tea party any where, any time, any place...even in a foggy van parked outside the piano teacher's house with lots of good books, china cups, and a silver tea service.
I am thankful for my old white sink that is usually full of soapy dishes ready for me to keep my hands busy and germ free.
I am thankful for a bunch of kids that love to spontaneously dance with their mom.
I am thankful for no canker sores and the fifteen years of living with them that helped me learn to control my tongue.
I am thankful for a tight budget so that I might see what a great God can do with the firstfruits of everything.
I am thankful for the drums, the piano, and the guitar playing loudly by my boys while my daughter's melodic voice rings out in the background.
I am thankful for kids that can cook when their mom is flat on the couch.
I am thankful for an oven that is decades old but continues to produce delicious meals with the finest ingredients from a loving Father.
I am thankful for a little comet, a little windex, and a little dawn dish detergent. For with those three products I can do wonderful cleansing things in a very messy house.
I am thankful for beautiful praise music filtering through this house reminding me of His Love in service while I scrub, mop, wash, and dust knowing it will all need to be done again the next day; just the same as He, The Creator, faithfully and quietly did His carpentry work day after day for most of His earthly life in nondescript Nazareth--for it was the will of His Father.
I am thankful for the time to squeeze a child and say "Good job" or to ruffle a teenager's head and say "How did you sleep?" or to sip a cup of coffee with my mother and say "It sure is a nice day."
I am thankful for cats who love to greet me at the clothesline and rub against me while I hang out my morning wash.
I am thankful for little seeds that grow into beautiful pink morning glory vines which wrap around my old green ladder in the center of my flower garden.
I am thankful for early mornings alone with The Word which comes gently to my mind when the sharp words of others are unyielding.
I am thankful for the long-lashed, trusting brown eyes of my five year old Gabe when he poignantly asks me "Does God know what I think before I say it?"
I am thankful for no television all week and old movies on special nights with a nice crackling fire and several bowls of popcorn.
I am thankful for relaxing dinner conversation amidst lots of laughs with an interesting man and four lively kids.
I am thankful to entrust myself to a loving Father Who always knows what is best.
I am thankful for Wednesday nights when everyone leaves for church except for Gabe and I who sit close together in bed reading a good book until Gabe says, "Let's turn off the light, Mom, and talk in the dark."
I am thankful for the wonderful, wonderful books that the LORD has blessed me with over the years and the blessed time to read them while nursing, homeschooling, or taking a bath.
I am thankful for naps.
I am thankful for tea time after naps!
I am thankful to all the older women who took the time to explain something in a book for this younger woman to learn.
I am thankful for my beautiful LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ, Who took shame in my place that I might live fully in His Glory! Oh, I am so thankful, so very thankful.
I am so thankful that I choose not to remember my people problems all day. I choose to lay them at the foot of the cross and thank Him all day for the many, many blessings of being His Child. "Oh, I am so thankful to you, Father."
"It is not a prison when you can sing thanksgiving to the LORD!"
Love to you,
Laine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker