Organizing the freezer


Dear Sisters,
I have always had trouble keeping my freezer organized. I just have the usual small freezer over my refrigerator, but it was always a mess. Finally I have a good plan going that has worked for a while so I thought I could share it with a bit of confidence. Just a bit, mind you! ~Smile~ For I do hope it stays neat and organized.
Anyways this is what I did. I took everything out and wiped it all down. ( I worked with gardening gloves to remove everything which was easier on my hands and allowed me to do a better job.) Then I made a little "map" of my freezer. As I put things back, I marked it on my map. For example, all the vegetables went on the lowest shelf and were marked where they went and what shelf. Then the chicken went to the left, the ground beef in the middle, and any other meats on the right. I marked it on my map as I put it in the freezer. On the door went any frozen fruit.
Now before I open the freezer I just look at my map to see what is on hand and where it's at. I also cross it off if I pull it out, or add it if I put it in. I can't tell you how much better this is for me now instead of opening my freezer and catching things as they fall out! And then forgetting what is in there and needing to throw it away due to freezer burn. My new plan has helped me to avoid frustration and the waste of money and space.
I hope this helps someone!
Love,
Laine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker