Getting Recentered After An Emotionally Draining Day



Dear Sisters, Phew. I had a difficult day yesterday. I won't bore you with all the details as there are so many. But it was one of those days that I think most women experience and would soon forget. People problems were the core of the matter. I can take almost anything else. I had a multitude of attitudes coming at me yesterday from my folks to my kids to my friend to my husband. It was like a giant wave by the time it was all finished. I felt washed up on the beach gasping for breath...
I got up this morning and still was struggling. I asked the LORD what to do as I was having trouble staying focused on my Bible study. He led me to go get the head phones on and worship Him with some of the beautiful praise music that I have collected. (I usually do this on Sunday, so this was a rare treat on Crazy Tuesday.) I put my favorites on, opened the living room door, and sung my heart out to Him, silently, but with a chorus of beautiful voices in my ears. As I gazed up at His stars in His Universe, I felt so calmed and so strengthened. He is so good to me. He is so good to me.
We went and cleaned the church and on the way home I knew I would have more noise and problems today. So I was praying as what to do. The LORD showed me, and I did it. I shut the phone down (one big noise gone for a while as I really didn't feel like conversing with anyone); saw my parents off on their three month trip; got my kids reading quietly for 1 1/2 hours after praying with them for help; and just enjoyed the basic pleasures of homemaking with my music playing in the background. Oh, it's been so nice, Ronda. I can feel my strength coming back. I made my kids some oatmeal muffins and surprised them by bringing them in to them on a tray to eat in their rooms while they read.
Now my kids are playing a game quietly as I told them anyone who isn't quiet has to help me clean. One had to take the trash out a bit ago, and now they are quiet I felt such peace watering my garden while sipping cafe au lait. The LORD knows how much we need a garden to go and pray in and find delights in.
I am going to let you go now as I want to wash my floor by hand. I listened to my grandmother explain, not to long ago, the pleasures of washing a floor by hand. I have never looked at the job the same again! Now I look forward to it. I also want to wash my dishes and thank the LORD that I am like a doctor with her hands always in water - no wonder I never get a cold! I want to iron some of my clothes so that they will be fresh and pretty for church this weekend. I want to make some pizza bread for the kids as a surprise for lunch. And if I have time before music lessons, I want to bake two fresh peach pies from the peaches on our tree. The joys of being a homemaker. I will never get over it. How thankful I am to be alone with my kids today. Just us. No interruptions. No noise. No friends of theirs over. I need to be alone with them and get my strength back before I can step out of my house and help others again. I was zapped of it yesterday... but Praise the Good LORD who is always faithful, I am getting it back moment by moment as I pray and praise and feel His peace.
This has been one of my most pleasurable Crazy Tuesdays yet. It has the essence of Sunday.
Much love,
Laine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker