Are You “Thirsty” to love Your Husband and Children

Dear Sisters,
Jen has asked me to post devotions, as I am able, on being the "Keeper of the Home". I was so pleased that she asked me to do this as I love the Word of God and I love encouraging women in the most important job in the world! Okay...I am a little biased. Smile. I thought I would start with the verse that this loop is based on: the beautiful verse that has inspired women down through the ages to do their best for Him in their homes.
"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the Word of God." Titus 2:3-5
There is so much beauty in this verse. I have the privilege as an older woman to "train" the younger women. That word "train" actually means "to give a thirst for". In other words, I am to be living my life in such a way that it makes younger women "thirsty" to love their husbands and children. And if they are to love their husbands and children by my training, then I must be thirsty for Him.
For I have learned that the more I fall in love with Jesus Christ my LORD, the more I wisely love my family and live my days for His Glory. And how do I fall in love with my LORD? I need to spend time with Him. I don't mean a five minute snatch of prayer or a fifteen minute Bible study filling in the blanks. I mean a deep time alone with Him and His Word that means more to me than any other time of the day.
When I got alone with the LORD that early December morning five years ago, I did not enjoy reading my Bible. I found it very difficult to stay focused. At four o'clock in the morning my eyes were like slits as I had been nursing a newborn during the night, there were plenty of dishes in the sink (I was anything but organized at this time of my life), and, to be honest, I found the Bible kind of boring. But I had made a promise to God. ( I will forward my introduction letter to you all so that you will understand why I chose to get up at 4:00 a.m.) I came to the LORD and was very honest with Him. I told Him that I knew that I didn't love Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, but I wanted to. And that I knew I didn't know Him as He truly is, but would He show me and take away all my wrong notions of Him. He is still magnificently answering those two prayers.
As I share with you some more through this verse, we will talk about His beautiful Word and the affect it has on your daily life. I look forward to serving you through His Word, my dear Sisters in Christ. And may I stay "thirsty" so that I might affect a thirst in you as well.
Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker