How to Love God And Show It

Dear Sisters,
There is nothing like the love of God in Christ Jesus. Nothing like it! In a little while we have a Christian couple, who we love very much, coming to our home. We got the call yesterday that they needed to come by. We found out recently that they are going through some serious marital difficulty. I had something else planned to write to you today, but I do not have the time to finish it as I have been preparing my home for our friends' arrival. I don't know what this day holds, but I do know that the LORD is thoroughly in control. I cannot tell you how much I love being His Servant.
Every evening when I go to bed I am amazed that He gave me just enough strength for the day. Just enough for what He had planned for me to do. Then when I wake up, I am hungry. Oh, so very hungry for His Presence and for His Word. I cannot wait to talk to Him alone and hear Him speak to me through His beautiful, beautiful Word. It has to be the most incredible time of the day for me. I wonder how I ever lived on this earth before without it. It is a definite "feasting at His Feet" which goes on in my kitchen in the predawn hours morning after morning after morning.
You know what? I cannot believe the strength which God imparts. Oh, when Jesus told Mary that she had chosen the good part of lingering and listening at His Feet and that it would not be taken away from her, He was saying something so full of Truth and Life. I pray over and over that it will not be taken away from me either; and that I might soak up His every Word and not miss out on a thing He has for me. For I love being His Servant.
There is such strength in being loved by God. There is such strength in loving God. This is the first and foremost command. The strength of that incredible Bond helps me to love others. Which is the second command. These two commands coupled together perfect the Believer in God's love. I can see it so much more clearly now.
No wonder His Word says "all things work together for good to those who love God..." To those who love God! It is so important that we love God. When we do that, all things, yes, all things work together for our good. Loving God must be our top priority.
It is the love of Christ that brought me to Him. It is the love of Christ that changed my heart and my habits. It is the love of Christ that brought about a change in my family. It is the love of Christ that compels me to write to you all. There is nothing like the love of God in Christ Jesus our LORD!
I cannot read His Word without kissing it now. I cannot read His Word without such a stirring in my heart that moves me throughout my entire day. I cannot read His Word without thanking Him and praising His Holy Name. I cannot read His Word without pouring out my heart to Him.
I cannot stop reading His Word for He is my Life.
I must go and finish getting ready for my guests. May the LORD's will be done here today. May His Fragrance and His Love be shown. For last night when I went to bed, I only saw our friends' problems and they sounded insurmountable. But this morning, oh, this morning, I see only His Grace. My King. His Grace. I know He will carry me fully through this day. I know that He has the power to change my friends' marriage. For I have feasted at His Feet this morning and all I can "see" now is my beautiful Savior and LORD, Jesus Christ.
Feasting at His Feet. It's changed my eyes, my ears, my mind, my heart, oh, everything!
Love,
Laine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker