Our Identity in Christ

Dear Sisters,
So glad to be with you all this beautiful Easter week. Oh, the joy that our Savior died for us and has risen! We are the most blessed children on earth. His Children! Today I was in the book of Ephesians glorying in our position in Christ. And as I write about taking care of yourself, I thought I would remind us of who we are in Christ. For we are so very, very blessed which only makes us realize how very valued we are by our loving Heavenly Father.
"Blessed be the God and Father of our LORD Jesus Christ, Who has blessed (Jen and all her Sisters) with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose (Juana and all her Sisters) in Him before the foundation of the world, that (Amy and all her Sisters) should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined (Debbie and all her Sisters) to adoption as His (daughters) by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made (Laura and all her Sisters) accepted in the Beloved.
In Him (Vickie and all her Sisters) have redemption through His Blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to (Cheryl and all her Sisters) the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in Heaven and on earth--in Him." Ephesians 1 :3-12
Oh, the riches, the riches we have in Christ Jesus! We are blessed beyond measure! I was so excited in this passage today that I wrote the whole thing out with my name in it. Realizing anew just who I am in my beautiful LORD and Savior. His Word is so precious, so beautiful, so full of light. How I cling to His precious, precious promises. There is so much to look forward to! Oh, the hope we have in Him. The blessed, blessed hope.
Reading His Word and clinging to it only causes me to pray that He will " give us a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of our understanding being enlightened; that we might know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come." Ephesians 1:17-21
Wow! What promises to cling to and to pray through. We serve a mighty, mighty God. His love for us is absolutely incredible. And as I practice keeping my eyes on Him, the things of this earth grow very, very dim. He is so magnified above all and in all. I find that these verses infuse my very life and make me want to love Him more, to take better care of myself that He might be honored in all, and to lay myself at His Throne for the purpose and praise of His Name.
May your Easter Week be filled with the love, the glory, the power, and the praise of the One Who died for you.
Much love,
Laine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker