Homecooking Says "I love you!!"

Dear Sisters,
Hi! I didn't expect to be back so soon with you, but as some of you have pointed out to me, I forgot to send the amount of eggs for the crustless quiche. Can you believe it? You got the recipe which I gave the gals I teach. Unfortunately, Abbie didn't proofread this letter for me! ~Smile~ It calls for two eggs. So here is the revised Crustless Quiche recipe:
Crustless Quiche
2 slices of thick, lean bacon chopped and fried or a bit of cooked sausage
1 onion chopped and fried in bacon grease until limp
1 c. chopped vegetables of your choice (I used frozen bell peppers and broccoli)
1/3 c. shredded cheddar
Put all in a greased pie dish.
1/2 c. flour
3/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1/4 t. each of basil, oregano, garlic powder
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
Blend in a blender or food processor and pour over filling. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
We will be making two of these quiches for my husband to take up to his parent's house today, along with three calzones, a macaroni and cheese, and some cookies. If we have time, we'll make something else as well. My kids are pouring over our recipes right now trying to decide what else we should make.
One of the young married gals in our Apples of Gold class was telling me that she had made the lentil sausage stew, the orange raisin scones, and the french bread that I had recently taught them. (She is a full time teacher.) She said her husband was so thrilled and loved the smell of the freshly baked bread as he walked in the house. I told her that homecooking says, "I love you, I love you, I love you!"
And that is just what I want to say to my husband and his family today. So I better get back in the kitchen!
Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Laine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laine’s Study of Headcoverings

Getting your home organized

Ants and a homemaker